Are you LGBTQIA+? Do you have a coming-out story? We want your story!
Or are you LGBTQIA+ and not out? We want your story too!
Out of Limbo publishes the stories of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, intersex and asexual people — whether out of limbo, or thinking about how to get there.
What we’re looking for:
- Your coming-out story. Tell us all about it: what happened, how it felt, what it meant. Tell it how you want to tell it. It could be in the form of creative non-fiction, an essay, a poem, a prose poem, or anything else that suits your story, including hybrid forms.
- Your not-coming-out story. How/when did you know you were LGBTQI+? Why have you decided not to come out? How does that affect your life? Or whatever else it’s important for you to write about.
- We welcome previously unpublished works by emerging and experienced writers from anywhere in the world.
- We’re looking for work that goes to the heart of the matter; makes us think; makes us feel.
- We want well-crafted work — the better the quality of your work, the higher the chance your piece will be selected.
- Please note the word limits: creative non-fiction and other prose forms, up to 1500 words; poetry, up to 60 lines.
- Submit one prose piece or up to three poems on Submittable.
- As always for Verity La, be brave in the telling. But feel free to submit anonymously, or under an alias.
For examples of work published on Out of Limbo, see our Vault.
Submit your work via Submittable.